|With Joe Cool on his skateboard|
Snoopy's World is another off-the-beaten-path destination in Hong Kong, the land of cool weather!
|Linus cooked something delicious|
You can find Snoopy's World by walking through the New Town Plaza shopping mall, which can be accessed directly from the (East Rail Line) MTR Sha Tin station (Exit A). Just follow the signage to Snoopy's World or ask for directions to the 3rd level podium once you get to New Town Plaza mall.
You can enter the Snoopy's World through the Doghouse Entry which is actually Snoopy's house. Just like in the cartoon strip "Peanuts," you can see a big model of Snoopy leisurely enjoying the sunshine on the roof of his doghouse. TRIVIA: It is the largest outdoor model of Snoopy in the world.
|The Entrance to Snoopy's World|
Gathered grilling their marshmallows near the Boating Canal are
(from left to right) Schroeder,
Peppermint Patty, Marcie and Linus van Pelt.
|Charlie Brown and Snoopy fishing along the bank of the Boating Canal|
The late cartoonist Charles Monroe Schulz created the "Snoopy" character in his cartoon serial "Peanuts" in 1950. He died in 2000, the same year when Snoopy's World opened in Sha Tin.
Here are some of the famous "Peanuts" characters created by Charles Schulz:
1. Snoopy is Charlie Brown's lovable beagle (dog).
2. Woodstock, the yellow bird and Snoopy's best friend and side kick, is named after the famous rock festival.
3. Charlie Brown, the main character, is a lovable guy dominated by insecurities. He is meek, nervous and lacks self-confidence. He is unable to fly a kite, win a baseball game or kick a football. Aptly, the theme of the cartoon serial is "the great American unsuccess story."
4. Sally Brown is the younger sister of Charlie. She displays her being territorial by seizing her brother's bedroom or by making very sure that no other woman ever lays eyes on Linus.
|From Left: Peppermint Patty, Lucy van Pelt, Marcie, Woodstock, Snoopy,|
Charlie Brown, Sally Brown and Linus van Pelt
7. Schroeder is a piano-playing character, Lucy's love interest, admirer of the great classical pianist-composer Ludwig van Bethoven and Charlie's second best friend after Linus. Schroeder has short blond hair. He almost always wears a striped shirt and either black or blue shorts. He is commonly seen playing his toy piano. His address is 1770 James Street, which is easy to remember for him because the number 1770 is Beethoven's birth year. Beethoven was a lifelong bachelor, and Schroeder feels he must emulate every aspect of his idol's life. Schroeder's constant refusal of Lucy's love is a constant theme in the cartoon serial.
8. Marcie is the bespectacled character, best friend to tomboy Peppermint Patty (Patricia Reichardt), and displays romantic interest on Charlie Brown.
9. Franklin is the African-American boy who became a friend of Charlie Brown.
Opening hours: from 10 am to 8 pm (Monday to Sunday). Gate closes at 7:45 pm.