Today, I receive all God’s love for me. Today, I open myself to the unbounded, limitless, overflowing abundance of God’s Universe. Today, I open myself to your Blessings, healing and miracles.Today, I open myself to God’s Word so that I become more like Jesus Everyday. Today, I proclaim that I’m God’s Beloved, I’m God’s Servant, I’m God’s powerful champion, And because I am blessed, I will bless the world, In Jesus Name, Amen.

Featured Post

RUPTURED BRAIN ANEURYSM: Living with a Broken Brain

RUPTURED BRAIN ANEURYSM: Living with a Broken Brain. A unique insight into the fragility of the extraordinary human brain. A true st...

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Juan Manuel Marquez: Knocks Down Manny Pacquiao in sixth round


Juan Manuel Marquez: Knocks Down Manny Pacquiao in sixth round
Manny Pacquiao was unconscious in the ring for almost 30 seconds when he was knocked down by Juan Manuel Marquez with a vicious right hand at the end of the sixth round Saturday night, putting a ferocious end to the fourth fight between the two boxers.
 
Manny Pacquiao had been down in the third round but knocked Juan Manuel Marquez down in the fifth and the two were exchanging heavy blows in the sixth round before El Dinamita threw a right hand that flattened Pacman's face down on the canvas at 2:59 of the sixth round.
The referee waived the fight to an end as Juan Manuel Marquez celebrated and the sold-out crowd at the MGM erupted. Manny Pacquiao was down for about two minutes before his handlers managed to get him up.


Manny Pacquiao: Knock out in 6th Round


Manny Pacquiao: Knock out in 6th Round

This comes as a big surprise! Manny Pacquiao was knocked out by Juan Manuel Marquez on the 6th round, one second before the end of round six.

Marquez who has a bloody nose dropped a solid straight punch to Pacquiao's chin. Thus Pacquiao was knocked out cold to the canvas just before the bell.

Juan Manuel Marquez survived a broken nose and standing eight count to beat Manny Pacquiao with a stunning sixth-round knockout.


Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez Part IV


Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez Part IV

What more is there to say? Nothing. What more is left to do? Nothing. Who would have thought that there will be a fight for the fourth time between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez? Did you happen to predict this? Not that I am complaining. But have you heard about the "sawa" factor? Anyway both boxers are looking as ripped and ready as ever when they had a weigh in last December 7, 2012.
 

The fight between the two great fighters will happen later this morning Pinas time ( Dec 9, Dec 8 in the US) live at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.  So stay tune for the live blog update!


Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pacquiao vs. Marquez Part 4 weigh-ins photo


Pacquiao vs. Marquez Part 4 weigh-ins photo

It seems as though the war between Emmanuel "Manny" Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez never ends. I hope after this fourth encounter there will be no more words left unsaid between Emmanuel "Manny" Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez. 
They successfully passed the weight requirement. Whew! Grabe nilaki ng kaha ni Marquez. Pansin mo rin?
Basta ako para kay Manny pa rin. I am praying and hoping Manny win this time around. He is such an inspiration so please make him win please!  Mag re retire na siya soon so dapat yun record niya puro win na lang.


PRINCE WILLIAM AND PRINCESS KATE: Nurse who took prank call found dead


PRINCE WILLIAM AND PRINCESS KATE: Nurse who took prank call found dead

Oh no! Katakot naman! The nurse who took a prank call at the London hospital that was treating Prince William's pregnant wife Kate for morning sickness has been found dead, the hospital said on Friday.

The death, which police said they were treating as unexplained, comes days after the King Edward VII hospital apologised after falling for the call from an Australian radio station and relaying details about Kate's condition.
 
"It is with very deep sadness that we confirm the tragic death of a member of our nursing staff, Jacintha Saldanha," the hospital said in a statement.
 
"We can confirm that Jacintha was recently the victim of a hoax call to the hospital. The hospital had been supporting her," the statement said.
 
Police said they had been called at 9:35 a.m. (0935 GMT) about a woman found unconscious at an address near the hospital. The woman was pronounced dead at the scene by ambulance staff.
 
The announcement on Monday that Kate was pregnant with a future British king or queen sparked a media frenzy and generated worldwide interest.
 
William and Kate, who left the hospital on Thursday, said they were "deeply saddened" by the death.
 
"Their Royal Highnesses were looked after so wonderfully well at all times by everybody at King Edward VII Hospital, and their thoughts and prayers are with Jacintha Saldanha's family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time," a statement from William's office said.
 
Two presenters from Australia's 2Day radio station called the hospital early on Tuesday British time, pretending to be William's grandmother Queen Elizabeth and his father, the heir-to-the throne Prince Charles.
 
Presenters Michael Christian and Mel Greig were put through to the ward where Kate was being treated and were given details about how she was faring.
 
The hospital issued a statement after the prank was revealed saying it deeply regretted the incident and said it was reviewing its "telephone protocols".
 
The prank call and its tragic aftermath comes as Britain's own scandal-hungry press scrambles to agree a new system of self regulation following a damning inquiry into their reporting practices.
 
A recording of the call was widely available on the Internet and many newspapers printed a transcript of the call.
 
The Australian radio station had previously apologised for the call, saying it was done with the "best intentions".
 
But some people leaving comments on the station's website had been unimpressed. "You have probably cost a young nurse her job ... Never mind that you violated a woman's privacy. Never mind, it was all done for fun," one said.
 
Facebook tribute pages swiftly set up after the nurse's death attracted messages of sympathy, some calling for the radio station to pay compensation to her family and others for the presenters to resign.
 
Saldanha's body was removed from the redbrick, five-storey building where it was found, and transferred to a small private ambulance, shortly after the hospital confirmed her death, a Reuters reporter at the scene said.
 
Detectives and forensics staff had earlier been seen entering and leaving the building, which contains residental apartments and adminstrative offices for the hospital. — Reuters


Friday, December 7, 2012

HONDA: Donates Php 1 Million to Victims of Typhoon Pablo in Mindanao


Honda donates Php 1 Million to victims of Typhoon “Pablo” in Mindanao

Hundreds of our fellow Filipinos in Mindanao suffered the wrath of typhoon Pablo ( International codename- Bopha) the other day. It is as if my heart got twisted and stomped on when I saw on TV, hundreds of people lost not only their homes but also their lives.   
  
You see, I grew up in Bicol the so called eye of the storm, so you might think I am immune seeing dead bodies on the street by now. Human as I am,  I get affected whenever I see victims of typhoon. Luckily since 2011, Bicol region had been spared from typhoon, thank God. Environmentalist advocates said it is because of the effect of climate change to our environment. I remember talking to the good people of Mindanao during my visit in the year 2010, they told me that they don't know how it is to have a flooded streets or the wrath of a typhoon because Mindanao is not a typhoon prone area. So I can imagine the surprise on their faces when they got hit by several typhoons since 2011. Typhoon Pablo left 353 dead with hundreds still missing. Statistics as of  December 7, 2012: Injured- 714; Missing- 517; Rescued- 155 persons
  This particular photo is from Minda news.

With the news of widespread devastation, loss of lives, and displacement of families and communities caused by typhoon Pablo in Mindanao, it is good to note that Honda Foundation Inc. (“HFI” for brevity) lost no time in reaching out to its partner institution, ABS-CBN Foundation Inc., and donated Php 1million to sustain rescue and relief efforts to severely affected areas. On behalf of the Filipino people "Arigato gusaimasu Honda".

HFI is the corporate social responsibility arm of the subsidiaries of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (Japan) in the Philippines.  The subsidiaries of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (Japan) in the Philippines are comprised of Honda Philippines, Inc., Honda Cars Phils., Inc., Honda Parts Manufacturing Corp., and Honda Trading Phils., Ecozone Corp.  

HFI had also donated to victims of strong typhoons such as Ondoy, Sendong, and Habagat.       

 
Honda Foundation, Inc.






Tuesday, December 4, 2012

SANSO: A New Beginning Exhibit


SANSO: A New Beginning Exhibit
I received an invitation to Sanso's 83rd birthday celebration and newest exhibit at Galleria Joaquin at the 4th floor of SM Megamall Bldg A  entitled "Paintings of a New Day".
This is the third time this year that I got invited to Sanso's exhibit. He is really amazing! Imagine at his age, he still paints and makes other people appreciate arts and culture.
Flamingo Dance during Sanso's exhibit.
The invited guests were entertained by these amazing flamingo dancers!

I was awed! They're superb! How I wish I could dance also with such grace! By the way, here are some of Sanso's newest paintings.
SANSO: A New Beginning Exhibit
 Hurry see these paintings before they are sold out.
SANSO: A New Beginning Exhibit
 Depending on the size, price ranges from Php 300,000 and up.
SANSO: A New Beginning Exhibit
 I also saw some artists and familiar faces in the art scene such as Hans Sy.
SANSO: A New Beginning Exhibit
 A guest who bought one of Sanso's paintings had it autographed by Sanso.
 SANSO: A New Beginning Exhibit 
Sanso is so cowboy! So pinoy. He practically grew up in the Philippines. He came here for a vacation when he was 4 years old. His parents like it here. They even planted camote during the war. Possessing a caucasian skin, he was tortured by the Japanese during the war, that's why his right ear couldn't hear.  With his hands tied, he luckily escaped death by rolling and letting himself fall into the water of Pasig river.
          SANSO: A New Beginning Exhibit, Sanso and I, Sanso and travelonshoestring
Wacky shot with the one and only- SANSO! He is so pinoy! Sanso is well-versed in Tagalog.
SANSO: A New Beginning Exhibit, Sanso and Cha Sy
We're looking forward to his future exhibit.


Monday, December 3, 2012

KASAMBAHAY BILL: Domestic Workers Act


KASAMBAHAY BILL: Domestic Workers Act

Finally after 15 years, the Senate finally ratified on Tuesday the “Kasambahay” bill which sets the following benefits for household workers:
  • A monthly minimum wage of domestic workers at Php 2,500 for those working in the National Capital Region. Please note that househelpers working in chartered cities and first-class municipalities will receive a minimum wage of Php 2,000 and for those in other municipalities, Php 1,500.

  • Overtime pay after 8 hours of work a day
  • At least 8 hours of rest per day
  • 24 hrs. break once a week
  • Total cost of Php 368.00 per month must be paid by the employer for the domestic worker's SSS, Pag-ibig and Philhealth, if salary is less than Php 5,000
  • The domestic worker is entitled to 13th month pay.
The following requirements are needed to be submitted by the household workers to DOLE
  • Birth Certificate
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Baranggay Clearance
  • NBI Clearance
A contract must be signed by the employer and the household worker. Said contract should be in a language or dialect understood by both parties. The contract is renewable every year.

The Kasambahay bill will give dignity and respect to some 2 million domestic household workers.


Welcome

 

Travel, Photographs and Lifestyle Copyright © 2010 LKart Theme is Designed by Lasantha